Disaster Loan Outreach CenterDownload Complete Info Here
I have attached a form provided by the U.S. Small Business Association with information regarding business, homeowner and renter loans available due to the flooding experienced on June 20, 2018. The SBA will be opening a Loan Outreach Center at the Bethany Presbyterian Church located at 740 Washington Avenue. The hours are as follows:
Thursday, July 26, 2018
11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 28, 2018
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Monday July 30, 2018 through Wednesday August 1, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Last Day Hours:
Thursday August 2, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Rusmur Floors Will be on Baldwin St. on Monday, July 22, 2018 Beginning at 10am with a box truck of carpet remnants for those in need.
Call 412-221-6012 for details
Flood Relief Program
Brentwood Bank is offering a flood relief program for those who lost so much in our communities. Click the link below to download information about the program. I hope it can help some of our neighbors!
Allegheny County Office of Catastrophic Loss Form
For those affected by the recent flooding, please report your losses to Allegheny County so that they may determine if you are eligible for an real estate tax assessment reduction.
Although l have already spoken personally with some of you, as we continue to rebuild our homes and our community following last week’s flood, it’s crucial to me that you receive accurate, up-to-date information about what has happened and, especially, what will happen next.
The flash flooding that hit our community was sudden and brutal. For some, life may never be the same. As we work to secure the best possible outcomes for our residents, businesses and our community, we understand that many of you have questions and concerns. We are doing our best to find answers. The following is what we know to this point:
- PEMA and Allegheny County Emergency Services have been in town on Friday and today assessing damages. Please don’t be concerned if they did not speak with you personally. They are viewing the number of homes affected, estimating damages and taking that information back to compile it to provide to FEMA. Please note, PEMA does not have a disaster fund. The organization gathers the information and reports to FEMA. The disaster must meet a certain criteria to be eligible for FEMA funding such as homes affected, damages, etc. All counties that incurred damages will be included in the FEMA evaluation in order to declare a Federal Disaster. Should a federal disaster be declared, that is the time that applications and assistance completing them will be provided by the Borough. At this point in time, please photograph all of your damages as they will be needed should the FEMA application process take place.
- In the meantime, the following are available to assist you with various needs:
The First United Methodist Church at 244 Station Street will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday thru Saturday. They are providing cleaning supplies, water, snack items, dog and eat food, etc.
- The Holy Child Church at 212 Station Street will be open Monday thru Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with items such as furniture, bedding, small appliances and household goods.
- The Bethany Presbyterian Church located at 740 Washington Avenue has a fully stocked food bank for those in need of food items. Food will be distributed Monday and Friday from 9 a.m. thru 3 p.m.
- Dumpsters and manpower will continue to be provided until such time the clean-up is complete.
- Bower Hill Road should be opened by Tuesday June 26, 2018.
- All debris should be removed from the stream at the end of the day today.
- Tetanus Shots will be provided courtesy of St. Clair Hospital on Thursday June 28th at the Bridgeville Volunteer Fire Department. First Responders will be immunized from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Residents, business owners and volunteers will be serviced from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Make sure you take care of yourself and get immunized.
- The Pittsburgh Eye care Associates (Dr. Strain) ls a contact should your eyeglasses need repaired or replaced. Their number is 412 221-0112.
Bridgeville Borough Building (412) 221-6012 ext. 10
Bridgeville Manager Lori Collins Cell No. (412) 849-1209
Fire Chief Chilleo Cell No. (412) 287-4742
Peoples Gas Company (800) 764-0111
West Penn Power (888) 544-4877
Pennsylvania American Water Company (800) 565-7292
In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and the hard work you’ve already shown cleaning out your homes and businesses. Please keep an eye out for updated information from the Borough. Until then, don’t hesitate to ask any borough employee or council member if you have a question, no matter how big or small.
This is going to be challenging period for all of us, but we will get through it by utilizing Bridgeville’s greatest strengths — our people and our deep sense of community pride.